A Christian Comic
A man, Keith, is addicted to pornography. He doesn't even realize it, but he is destroying his family.
The pornography industry is one of the most influential factors in the breakdown of the family today, as well as the enslavement of millions of men. Over 40 million Americans regularly visit pornographic websites. This evil isn’t confined to the secular world, however. 1 out of every 2 Christian men are addicted to pornography. How many divorces are occurring because of pornography? How many broken homes? How many wives have been destroyed because of this evil industry? This comic-tract addresses these questions.
Whereas, most of the Church is silent on this matter, it is the responsibility for all Christians to expose the evils of Satan wherever we find it; and the pornography industry is one of his best tools in making men irrelevant as fathers, irrelevant as husbands and irrelevant for Christ.
Can Jesus reach a man who is so engulfed in this evil? Can a man turn from his lust of women to a love of Christ? Can a man choose to follow Christ and be a real man?
This story is written to show how one man’s addiction has affected his whole family. His “secret sin”, as Jesus will show him, has totally destroyed his family.
This “Behind Closed Doors” tract doesn’t glorify the evils of pornography, but it also doesn’t shy away from describing what it really is and the effects of it. Men desire to be free from this addiction, but they don’t know how. Trusting Jesus to break the chains is the answer to any prison that men make for themselves.
I envision this “Behind Closed Doors” tract being given out in the parking lots in front of adult bookstores, street corners, men’s Bible studies, youth groups, college campuses, and more.
This tract is written to speak to young men to: a) warn them of the eternal dangers of pornography and b) if they are already addicted to pornography, to tell them that Jesus is the only way out. This tract hits on the big sin that most Christians are afraid to admit: lust.
If you would like to discuss distribution or publishing rights, please contact me.
More than 25 years ago, Dr. Victor Cline identified the progressive nature of pornography addiction. Once addicted, a person’s need for pornography escalates both in frequency and in deviancy. The person then grows desensitized to the material, no longer getting a thrill from what was once exciting. Finally, this escalation and desensitization drives many addicts to act out their fantasies on others.
Doctors are using new technology to look inside addicts’ brains to determine just how damaging pornography is. The research shows the similarity of porn addiction to cocaine addiction. In addition, because images are stored in the brain, pornography addiction is harder to break than a heroin addiction.
Pornography is the catalyst for abusive sexual appetites that are never satisfied, never contained and never put to rest. It preys on the weak and vulnerable in an unrelenting hunt to capture your family and friends.
• The pornography industry is larger than the combined revenues of Microsoft, Google, Amazon, eBay, Yahoo and Apple. Driven by debased images this blackened smut, is a $1 billion industry in North America alone ($13 Billion worldwide)
• 40 million adults in the United States regularly visit pornography Web sites.
• The United States is #1 in the number of pornographic websites it hosts. 244,000,000 pornographic websites (X-rated content) are hosted in the United States. Germany comes in second place, with 10,000,000 websites.
• Every second, 30,000 people view pornography online.
• An estimated 50 percent of Christian men admit they’re battling against the pull of pornography and over 30 percent of Christian women admit that they have intentionally accessed internet pornography.
• The average age of a child exposed to pornography is 9. Today, children as young as 10 use cell phones to send sexual images of themselves and others.
• The Justice Department estimates that nine of 10 children between the ages of 8 and 16 have been exposed to pornography online.
• The file-sharing program, Gnutella, has 116,000 daily child pornography requests.
• Dr. Patrick Carnes, a leading researcher on sex addiction, estimates that 3 to 6 percent of Americans are sexually addicted. That’s as many as 20 million people.
• 32% of teens access pornography online intentionally. 12% of parents are aware of this activity.
• 12% of all websites are pornographic (over 24 million sites)
• 89% of all pornographic web pages comes from the good ol' USA.
• Every 30 minutes, a porn film is made in the good ol' USA.
• Every second, 30,000 people are viewing pornography and $3,075 is being spent on pornography.
• 42.7% of internet users use it to view porn (that's over 102 million people!)
• 35% of all internet downloads are pornographic
• 40 million Americans are regular visitors to pornographic websites
• 25% of all search engine requests are pornography related.
• 2.5 Billion pornographic emails daily (8% of all total emails). The average inernet user receives 4.5 pornographic emails daily.
• "Sex" is the #1 topic for internet searches
• Initial exposure to pornography is age 11.
• 72% males and 28% females visit pornographic websites
• 17% of females struggle with pornography addiction
• Over 200,000 Americans are classified as pornography addicts (defined as spending more than 11hours a week viewing it)
• 40% of "sex addicts" lose their spouses. 58% suffer considerable financial losses. 33% lose their jobs.
• Pornography use increases marital infidelity by more than 300%.
• Every day, there are 116,000 searches for "child pornography".
• The most popular day of the week for viewing pornography is Sunday--the day of rest; the day of worship of Christ.
• 56% of divorce cases involved one spouse having an obsessive interest in pornographic websites.
Pornography is NOT “harmless adult entertainment”, as some would like us to believe, but a real, measurable and undeniable threat to individuals, families and society.
The pornography industry, fueled by carnal lust and sexual fantasy, is the mastermind of Satan. It is the very tip of the iceberg that leads to other sexual immorality such as frequenting strip clubs, prostitution and human trafficking.
The good news is that Christ can free you from the addiction of pornography! He didn’t create you to be enslaved by any fantasy, thought or addiction. You can escape this dark prison by submitting your life to Christ! He has redeemed you and saved you from your sins. Let Him take control of your life and you will be free, indeed! “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” —John 8:32
“Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.” — James 5:19-20
“You shall not commit adultery.” —Deuteronomy 5:18
“As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.” —Psalm 103:12
“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” — Psalm 51:10
“For why should you, my son, be enraptured by an immoral woman, And be embraced in the arms of a seductress?” —Proverbs 5:20
“Whoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding; He who does so destroys his own soul.” —Proverbs 6:32
“Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.” —Matthew 5:27-30
“For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.” —Matthew 15:19
“For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.” —Mark 7:21-22
“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.” —Romans 8:1,2
“For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.” —Romans 8:5-6
“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” —Romans 8:13
“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” —Romans 12:2
“But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.” —Romans 13:14
“Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.” —1 Corinthians 6:18
“Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.” —2 Corinthians 10:5
“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” —Galatians 5:16
“Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness. . .” —Galatians 5:19
“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” —Galatians 6:7
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.” —Ephesians 6:12-13
“Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things’ sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.” —Colossians 3:5-7
“For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality.” —1 Thessalonians 4:3
“But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.” —James 4:6-10
“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” —1 John 1:8-9
“But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.” —James 1:14-15
“For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.” —1 John 2:16
“And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.” —Matthew 9:47-48
If you are stuggling with Pornography, there is TONS of hope for you! God loves you SO much that He has died for you and wants to give you a NEW life full of holiness, love and mercy. The following websites are designed to help you in your walk with God: